The international events Company IMG, wanted to bring their hugely successful event “Colour Run“ to Qatar in 2015
- Date : 2015
- Categories : Event Management
- Client : QNCC, Qatar
The international events Company IMG, wanted to bring their hugely successful Colour Run event to Qatar in 2015
The event needed an outdoor 5k Running track where competitors were able to run safely. Colour Stations were available throughout the route. Each station playing the ‘colour run’ party music and providing areas for volunteers who assisted runners.
- IMG collaborated with the QNCC to create the route and provide all the technical, security, HSSE and cleansing services. Lee Forde project managed the event on behalf of the QNCC.
- The start area had all the necessary facilities; Including: technical production, PA systems and stages for DJs. The QNCC food, and beverage team supplied all the refreshments.
- 10,000 competitors attended in 2015. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day. After the race, celebration included live music throughout the QNCC marshalling yard. The QNCC team managed the entire event under the operational supervision of Lee Forde.
- The event was a great success for both Qatar and IMG. They now return every year and participation has increased annually.
- The annual event now makes use of the peripheral roads around the Qatar National Convention Centre and the facilities of the convention centre at it core.An unusual way of using a convention centre but a very successful one and one that has brought fun to people of all ages whilst encouraging them to keep fit.